What about this idea!? eh?

Started by
22 comments, last by Godd 20 years, 11 months ago
quote:Original post by dede
Some kids, Harry Potter is approprate, and for some kids, it isn''t.

I''m really impressed by how dumb parents can be. It''s called fiction! How can fiction not be "appropriate"? I can understand if it''s violent, but Harry Potter is all but! They ban Harry Potter from the schools, and then send their kids off to watch Lord of the Rings! AHHH!!! I hate stupid people!

- Rob Loach
Current Project: Go Through Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore

"Do or do not. There is no try."
- Yoda
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Advertisement
quote:Original post by dede
The only real solution is to leave the computer in a very open room, like a tv room, or the dinning room, where children cannot get into it without parents seeing. Install the approprate filters, add logging, so you can see what your kids are up too. And leave them be.

But, if children don't experience it for themselves (or hear stories of people who HAVE experienced it), they will want it. Just think about how you grew up, your parents wanted the best for you so they said stuff like "Don't walk to school through the alley because it's dangerous". So what did you do? Walk through the alley. Parents have to tell their children why, what the outcome may (or may not) be, and then let their children choose .

If you just cut children/people off from the world, they won't know what's "good" and what is "bad".

[EDIT] I might of gone off on a tangent, but oh well, it was worth the rant .

- Rob Loach
Current Project: Go Through Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore

"Do or do not. There is no try."
- Yoda

[edited by - Rob Loach on May 4, 2003 6:24:22 PM]
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
quote:Original post by Rob Loach

Install the approprate filters, add logging, so you can see what your kids are up too. And leave them be.

1st.
Leave them be, as in, let them do whatever they feel like. They totally have free reign on the computer, except its in a place where adults can see what the kids are up to easily.

2nd.
Harry Potter is a good fiction, but it should not be watched by EVERYONE. Some 7-year-olds can see Harry and enjoy it, some 7-year-olds can see Harry and get scared, becaues they think the three headed dog is alive and will eat them when they goto sleep.
I should have used superman tho…

Some kids watch superman and understand, some try to fly out of second story windows.

(edit - missing tags)

[edited by - dede on May 4, 2003 10:13:33 PM]
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
how would you do the back button?

------------------------------------------------------------
I really need to update this signature...
If you can't make a decision, the right choice is not to.This link = GameDev.Net Forums

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement