nVidia GeForce 4 Verto card

Started by
8 comments, last by Betrayer_of_Code 20 years, 11 months ago
I just bought the nVidia GeForce 4 Verto card, and i was wondering is this a good card, is it middle of the run, or low end? Homepage Luck is a Horse to ride like any other...Luckily im not a gambler, I dont know how to ride. For any total noob out there Here is a like to my tutorials, thry them out
BoC HomepageLuck is a Horse to ride like any other...Luckily im not a gambler, I dont know how to ride.
Advertisement
Well it depends.

The newest GeForce out now is the GeForce FX, so a 4 is not top of the line right now.

It may be close to the top though, if its of the TI variety. If its an MX, you should take it back and get your money.

[edited by - yspotua on May 2, 2003 12:05:14 AM]
That''s not enough information. You need to post all little letter codes and numbers for the information to be complete enough for anyone to say.

"Verto" is a product line by PNY. Many of those cards are "MX" cards. The "MX" cards are cheap, but don''t have any features needed for DirectX 8 or DirectX 9 games. They''re also usually slow. If it''s an MX card, do what the man said: take it back, get your money before it''s too late.

If it''s a "Ti" card, then it''ll probably play current games quite well. The 4200 is allright; the 4600 is still considered quite fast (but nowhere near a Radeon 9700 or 9800).

If you want an affordable nVIDIA card that''s reasonably fast considering the price, get a ~$99 AGP GeForceFX 5200 Ultra from any of the usual vendors (online, or big-box store like Best Buy). This will likely be almost as fast as a GeForce 4 Ti 4200, and has support for all DirectX 9 goodness. !!!FOR 99 BUCKS THIS IS A STEAL!!! It''s even cheaper from bargain-basement mail-order places.

If you want the best card possible, get the Radeon 9800 Pro; their drivers have gotten usable (and the next version is really quite solid) and the card just r0xx0rs. Really.
Oops, I got an MX 440-SE Verto GeForce 4 card, no wonder it starts slowing down after generating 5000 particles at the same time on the screen. Too late for me now...
I recently bought the same card.I think is great!But it isnt the best.
-----------------------------------------------------------"Shut up and eat your cheese sandwhich"
Thanks for the info

Homepage
Luck is a Horse to ride like any other...Luckily im not a gambler, I dont know how to ride.
For any total noob out there Here is a like to my tutorials, thry them out
BoC HomepageLuck is a Horse to ride like any other...Luckily im not a gambler, I dont know how to ride.
I have the Verto Ti4600. It's as great as any other Geforce 4 card in the range. It also has very good cooling, since the fan conforms to the nVidia specification.

I have been running some Cg examples with the GeforceFX emulation software, and even though the emulation is executed on the CPU, the card does not let thing slow down.

A very good purchase in my book.

The usual stuff goes here for a signature.

[edited by - mathematix on May 3, 2003 2:50:38 PM]
I personally have a GF-MX440 - the regular version. My former crashed so the dealer gave me a new one... an MX-440 SE! You would think: that''s great, ''Second Edition'' !? I gave it back because the SE version has SD RAM instead of DDR ram. My original card had DDR and DDR gives quiet a speed boost to your card. Though a MX-440 SE is a good choice.
[www.LifeIsDigital.net - My open source projects and articles.
I currently have a Geforce4 MX440. I like it because it was relatively cheap when I bought it... About 6 months ago, and was just what I needed.. something decent, but not expensive because I didn''t have money to spend... Although when I was upgrading, I started with a voodoo3 3500 and so didn''t need much to make me happy!

It all depends on what you want... If it is true that you can be getting FX cards for under 100.. I''ll prolly end up getting one in the near future

Dwiel

I have a Gforce4 Ti 4200 with 128 DDR and it runs like a champion. I think it will last at least a year or more. Of course I play high end Games like Command and Conquer and the like that requires a good Vid Card to be able to play the game. But next time you should research the Pro''s and Con''s of each card before you buy it, and find whats best for you.
-- NeFrUgLe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement