Andrew Rollings's new books...

Started by
6 comments, last by andrew_rollings 20 years, 11 months ago
Hey... I don''t know if this is the right place to post... I did submit this as a news story, but.... well, let''s just say I think maybe my books don''t have the right publisher to appear on the front page Of course, I could be wrong - it may just not be newsworthy Anyway... My long awaited book, "Andrew Rollings and Ernest Adams on Game Design" is now available from amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1592730019/mercatordesign00 . And there''s a second edition of "Game Architecture and Design" coming out soon(ish), available at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0735713634/mercatordesign00 . Well. That''s it I guess. I hope anyone who''s read them enjoyed them Andrew Rollings Author of "On Game Design" with Ernest Adams. Author of "Game Architecture and Design" with Dave Morris.
Author of "On Game Design" with Ernest Adams.Author of "Game Architecture and Design" with Dave Morris.
Advertisement
Hey Andrew;

I''ve enjoyed your books and have them on my shelf. Can''t think of the number of times I''ve referenced them.

You''re probably booked a lot to talk about the new book, but I''ve no idea where to tune you in. I was just wondering what kinds of things we might be looking forward to in this new book, and as a follow up, talk a little about what''s different in this new book compared to the other ones you''ve written?

Sincerely and TIA,
Adventuredesign

A few of my mom''s surrealist drawings

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

I could do better than that... Here''s a webpage covering that very topic

http://www.designersnotebook.com

My co-author put some stuff up. I''m planning on doing so soon also, but I haven''t got round to it yet.
Author of "On Game Design" with Ernest Adams.Author of "Game Architecture and Design" with Dave Morris.
How irritating: amazon.com is selling it for $27, but amazon.co.uk will charge me £38.99, which is about $60. Might have to get it from the US site.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]
quote:Original post by Kylotan
How irritating: amazon.com is selling it for $27, but amazon.co.uk will charge me £38.99, which is about $60. Might have to get it from the US site.

£38.99 is actually about $45 and the one on the American site is actually on sale from about $40. So it''s actually a $5 difference without the sale. But, I wonder why it''s on sale here but not in the UK? Hmmm.

- Jay

[ Here, taste this ]
Quit screwin' around! - Brock Samson
Yikes! I stand corrected... it''s equal to $62! That is a serious price difference! (I was looking at the price of the Euro, not the British Pound)

- Jay

[ Here, taste this ]
Quit screwin' around! - Brock Samson
Hey there,
I work for Lincoln University on our Games Computing course and I would just like to let you know we recommend ''Game Architecture and Design'' to all our students. I stand by it as a fantastic read so I''d like to take this opportunity to raise my glass and say cheers.
quote:Original post by Kylotan

And then you''ll have around 20$ worth of shipping charges... I love Amazon, but honestly I still dont understand what the frelling difference is between US and UK. I mean, it''s the same language right ? You''d think that would make things easier !

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement