Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pipo DeClown

WinXP crash

I discovered that whenever I use memcpy(), most times it crashes my application(also Jim''s nodetree/mapping-demo''s). I think it has to do with Windows XP or maybe Visual C++ 6.0. Does anyone know, or experienced this problem? .lick

I checked everything a thousand times, and I already told you, it happens to Jim Adams RPG books code, too. To be specific, it happens to his executables, when I use them. So it should be the OS'' fault.

I highly doubt it is OS fault. Most likely it is a bug in the code. If not, I would check for viruses both of which are much more likely to be the cause of your problem.

Ye, i had exactly the same problem, and I know the answer, but your not going to like it,(It also happpened on jims book). Its nothing to do with the code, its a virus picked up from DX9, it crashes exe''s that use a certain lib.

The ONLY solution for this one it to format your com, and btw don''t reinstall the DX9 you have, I formatted mine fresh, tested the exe with had the error before (a fresh copy from cd) and it didnt work (because I hadn''t yet installed DX9) then I installed that and up came the virus again. All I can recommend it to dl a new copy of DX and use an anti virus proggy.

THANKS MALPASS!
I removed all my hardware and rebuild my computer,reinstalled Windows XP Pro and DirectX9 and guess what? It WORKED!

Of course I didnt do that, I just reinstalled DirectX9 and it works now! THanks mate!

.lick