• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pipo DeClown

WinXP crash

This topic is 5530 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I discovered that whenever I use memcpy(), most times it crashes my application(also Jim''s nodetree/mapping-demo''s). I think it has to do with Windows XP or maybe Visual C++ 6.0. Does anyone know, or experienced this problem? .lick

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
you''re probably copying over memory that doesn''t belong to your program.

I checked everything a thousand times, and I already told you, it happens to Jim Adams RPG books code, too. To be specific, it happens to his executables, when I use them. So it should be the OS'' fault.

quote:
Original post by Pipo DeClown
So it should be the OS'' fault.

Please reconsider, before I tern you into a small perl script.

I highly doubt it is OS fault. Most likely it is a bug in the code. If not, I would check for viruses both of which are much more likely to be the cause of your problem.

Ye, i had exactly the same problem, and I know the answer, but your not going to like it,(It also happpened on jims book). Its nothing to do with the code, its a virus picked up from DX9, it crashes exe''s that use a certain lib.

The ONLY solution for this one it to format your com, and btw don''t reinstall the DX9 you have, I formatted mine fresh, tested the exe with had the error before (a fresh copy from cd) and it didnt work (because I hadn''t yet installed DX9) then I installed that and up came the virus again. All I can recommend it to dl a new copy of DX and use an anti virus proggy.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!