Radeon 9000?

Started by
4 comments, last by Zeratul 20 years, 11 months ago
Does anyone know if Radeon 9000 (the pci one if it matters) support vertex and pixel shader? I am using geforce2 mx 400 currently and program runs at 2fps if it uses pixel shader. Would it run better if I switch to radeon 9000?
Advertisement
Your program runs so slow because everything is done in REF (because of the no pixel shader software emulation - support) . Yes, your program would run something like 100+ (just an estimation to show you what you should expect) times faster if you get a Radeon 9000 (assuming it supports the PS version you are using) .

Edit : typo

[edited by - Joe Forhens on May 3, 2003 2:28:03 PM]
Thank you all :)
Radeon 9000 supports Vertex shader version 1.1 and Pixel Shader version 1.4 in hardware.

IIRC Radeon 9500 and above support DX9 level shaders, i.e. Version 2.0 (all shader capable chips are backwards compatible, so the 9500, 9700 etc also do ps 1.4 without any problems).

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

From ATI's site, Radeon 9000 specifications

1.4 pixel shaders support up to 22 instructions and up to 6 textures per rendering pass
1.1 vertex shaders support vertex programs up to 128 instructions

EDIT: Too slow, you beat me to it

[edited by - RdF on May 3, 2003 4:49:32 PM]
Thanks guy. One more question, do you know if the pci version is exactly the same as the agp version? (same shader version)

[edited by - Zeratul on May 3, 2003 8:27:58 PM]
www.ati.com , my first bet is that if it''s same model for desctop , it has same shader capabilities .
Thank you all :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement