Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RhoneRanger

Dr. Code website launched (well, kinda)

Hello everyone! I as well as a few others have just launched the Dr. Code website. This site is the same, yet different than other game programming sites. As well as a forum and a tutorial section we also have a live chat available. The whole purpose of this site is for all game programmers, no matter how long they have been programming to share their talents by submitting articles, tutorials, or code snippets for the rest of the community to look at and learn. The long term goal is to create a game engine and a library that everyone can use. The site is still under construction, but is functional. Come check it out! Dr. Code

OKay, for all the spamming idiots:: I wasnt sure where to post this, so I chose 1 forum and decided to post it there, and ONLY there.

Zoot, (not krez) you need to realize that I dont want to cross post or make my site the "only" site like most people.

All I want to see are people learning how to program, and all I want to have is a place where people can feel comfortable without all the BS of most boards.

PLease! Feel free to upload any content you have that will be useful, where you can learn and you can teach others!

Thanks!

Dr-Code

[edited by - RhoneRanger on May 4, 2003 5:06:08 AM]

it''s a very nice-looking user friendly site. kudos!
but one suggestion. could you put an AI section or is that supposed to go to the "scripting tutorials" section.

(i would like to know how to run simple AI, nothing too complicated)

quote:
Original post by RhoneRanger
Hello everyone!

I as well as a few others have just launched the Dr. Code website. This site is the same, yet different than other game programming sites.

As well as a forum and a tutorial section we also have a live chat available.

The whole purpose of this site is for all game programmers, no matter how long they have been programming to share their talents by submitting articles, tutorials, or code snippets for the rest of the community to look at and learn.

The long term goal is to create a game engine and a library that everyone can use.

The site is still under construction, but is functional.

Come check it out! Dr. Code

Don''t get me wrong, congratulation on the site. Looks nice. However, doesn''t gamedev provide all that you stated, but a Game Engine and Library that everyone can use? hehe

Just giving you a hard time.

~

quote:
Original post by Zern
However, doesn''t gamedev provide all that you stated, but a Game Engine and Library that everyone can use? hehe

Just giving you a hard time.

~

hehe

This is the purpose of Dr. Code

We are more geared toward hosting the demo of the month (maybe every 2 weeks, whatever the community decides).

Also, when the community starts posting screenshots, we will eventually have a screen of the day. (Maybe week?).

[edited by - RhoneRanger on May 4, 2003 4:59:32 AM]