(C++) or (C++ .net) or (C# (C-Sharp))

Started by
44 comments, last by BattleGuard 20 years ago
quote:Original post by flangazor
Give the How to Design Programs book a read and tell me if you really think it''s hard to grasp.

Actually it reminds me of the best c++ I''ve come across yet for beginners
Yeah dr scheme and it''s use of images looks pretty cool I''ll have to check it out.
If God played dice, He'd win.—Ian Stewart, Does God Play Dice? The Mathematics of Chaos
Advertisement
quote:Original post by afterburn
Not sure you understand .net.

?
quote:
As you might notice .net is a meta-language.

??
quote:
Meaning everything it does compiles a XML based code structure.

?!?!?

!

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
*snicker*
Arild, you really are contributing alot.

If I was setting up a computer science curriculum, I would probably have c++ for two semesters, then the third semester would use lisp/scheme or some other functional language.

Prefix notation, while unambigous, would probably contribute to some frustration learning.

~V''lion

Bugle4d
~V'lionBugle4d
quote:Original post by daveangel
quote:Original post by flangazor
Give the How to Design Programs book a read and tell me if you really think it's hard to grasp.

Actually it reminds me of the best c++ I've come across yet for beginners
Yeah dr scheme and it's use of images looks pretty cool I'll have to check it out.
Thanks for keeping the open mind. I was a bit put off my the cover of the book, but I decided to look up this Francis Glassborow and I found that he/she is very well read. I don't think C++ is capable of the same abstractions as Scheme and Glassborow confesses so in their review of Art of the Meta-Object Protocol*.

*I realise Scheme is not directly mentioned, but Scheme's macro language is powerful enough to implement a CLOS-like language.

WRT Arild being told about .Net: very chuckle-worthy. Next bishops_pass or SabreMan will come back and someone will explain Common Lisp to them.

[edited by - flangazor on March 29, 2004 1:42:17 PM]
Not trying to say "Arild Fines" doesn''t know anything just trying to clear up what he said is very misleading about the framework.

He suggested that "VS.net" installs the compilers which is not true.

It is true that it "C++.net" can create native images but no other language as the base is managed.

And again its a meta-language, look into it. Thats how you can create attributes, It tells the compiler about the program at runtime. Something traditional languages can not, which provides the GC with the information about the application that it needs.

--What are you nutz?I have nothing to say to your unevolved little brain. The more I say gives you more weapons to ask stupid questions.
*Cough* FAQ *Cough*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement