Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pacman2003

WOW YOU JUST GOTTA SEE THIS!!

yeah i have to agree: very cool indeed. the first functional NeuralNet ive ever seen!
its behaviour is really very interesting. the firsy time i ran it, the thing had some very negative experiences when putting its foot down, cos it happended to move its 'toes' the wrong way, so it decided it shouldnt thouch the ground anymore altogether. the second time it learned really well though, it moves forward now with quite a decent speed .
also funy that it learns some bad habits. my simulation has a habit of pecking the ground a few times after a few succesfull moves from the beginning, and it doesnt seem to get rid of it.

EDIT: is it a NN btw... i assumed it but it is never stated anywhere, it just is said that it learns..

[edited by - Eelco on May 3, 2003 3:38:48 PM]

Going on 5 minutes.. and my guy isn't moving. He's not the brightest AI i've ever seen. Matter of fact, he's not even close to moving.

--- Edit ---
I am experiencing the same problem as the guy above . I guess it's time to restart/refresh.

[edited by - Ready4Dis on May 3, 2003 3:37:12 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
just skip a few thousands of steps and you''ll see it doing the 100 meter in 1 second .

Cool! I just finished my first experiment into NeuralNets, and I come online to find this (Mine arnt as cool (they learn very slowly)).

I think my next project is gonna be a basic physics sim to stick my neural nets in

George. F
"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we''d all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

hi,

I think they use reinforcement learning and partially observable markov decision processes (POMDPs). That''s quite different to neural nets.

/Mankind gave birth to God.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Very cool! I had heard about some robots like Cog and H5 actually learning things but this is the first time I actually got to see a machine LEARNING how to do something. Very cool indeed!

http://www.flipcode.com/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?showThread=09-05-2002&forum=iotd&id=-1

Download that demo. That''s even cooler.

Gamedev for learning.
libGDN for putting it all together.
An opensource, cross platform, cross API game development library.

That has been done many times over... check out the literature on mobile robots and you''ll find that RL and ANNs are a very popular - and I dare say - common approach to evolving mobility bevahiours.

Timkin