Spheroid creation

Started by
3 comments, last by Raduprv 20 years, 11 months ago
I am trying to create some sort of ''personal forcefield'' around my charcters, and I want it to look kind of like an egg rendering it is not a problem, but my math is not exactly in the best shape, so I was wondering if anyone can provide with some pseudocode to create an egg Oh, and I want both vertices and UV coordinates... (some sort of sphere map would be good enough, I guess) Thanks in advance. Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory
Advertisement
It would take less processor usage if you just modelled a sphere with some graphics software and scale it in your own program when necessary.
[www.LifeIsDigital.net - My open source projects and articles.
Hmm, good idea
But if I create it by myself, I can, for example, modify it''s structure a little, so when you take soem damage, the shape of the force field will be also affected, a little.

Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory
You can do that if you use a mesh. Although I would use one I generated myself, because it only has to be created once and isn''t that slow. Also varying degrees of detail can be implemented, which is always nice. The two main ways of generating a sphere(can be morphed into an egg easily) are to make rings and then join them up, or to start with a simple shape(eg icosahedron) and then split faces, producing 4 times as many tris and more vertices each time.

I''ve never actually done it or read anything on it, but in 3D modellers that''s what they do I think.
I know the basics, on how to do that, but I was wondering if anyone has an algorithm s/he used already...

Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement