Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neen10do

MY Vid card question

im currently using my moms computer for gaming and game development, and these are the specs: 386 SDRAM 40gb harddrive 1.8 ghz Raedon 7500 (64mb) vid card onboard sound card (dont really care) Pentium 4 my dad is donating a computer with different specs for my own work station we are setting up for me, these are the specs: 386 ram 2 10gb hard drives (going to by a 450 for it.) 1000 mhz GeForce2 mx400 (is this a 64mb card?) and a nice sound card (i dont know what it is). pentium 3 my question is, will my games get a large performance hit because im on a slightly slower computer with a different card? i play games like unreal tournament and quake 3, would there be a huge performance hit? ---------------------- i code therefore i am. Aero DX - Coming to a bored Monitor near you!

Guest Anonymous Poster
You will definately get a performance hit with that downgrade. You will probably have to run those games at lower resolutions with some of the eye-candy turned off. But if you can bear to lose some of the quality they will still be playable.

unreal tournament and quake 3 are old, they run extremely fast in 1600*1200 and highest details even on my 500MHz machine, so i dont think you will experience differences with those two or similar games

Edit: and to add, that is on a Voodoo3 (only 16MB)

[edited by - burning_ice on May 3, 2003 7:40:18 PM]