Texture problem in 2D

Started by
11 comments, last by Andybean9 20 years, 11 months ago
Brother Bob: I do have a RC because the textures load just fine, the one way I have the code.

The bool thing didn''t work either, so I still have no freakin'' clue what''s goin'' on! It just doesn''t make sense to me that one function would work in a base class, but not in a derived class
Advertisement
Not only do you need a rendering context, you need to craete is before you upload the texture. You said that
quote:
the texture object doesn''t become 1 like it''s supposed to, it stays garbage, but the new one does change it to a 1

, which makes me believe you create the RC and upload the texture in the wrong order. I assume texture object is the textire ID generated by glGenTextures, and the ID is unchanged (garbage in, garbage out) if you don''t have a RC. The second code works because there you upload the texture at the time you draw your object, which means you DO have an RC at that time.

If this is not the problem, post the whole code of a minimal program demonstrating the problem.
Man! I feel like an idiot, that was the problem! Anyway, thanks for your help everyone! Well, one more question, if I have a textured quad and I want it to look rounded and smooth, how would I do that?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement