AI Tutorials for the Pascal/Delphi programmer?

Started by
2 comments, last by WILL at RedAnt 20 years, 11 months ago
Does anyone know where one could find some tutorials that may be a bit easier a read for someone that is more comfortable with the Object Pascal(Borland''s Superset of Pascal) language? Some of these C based tutorials are great, but when it comes to the code. Eww... I find myself at a slight loss.
Advertisement
Well, I fear there are only 2 possibilities left for you: either you learn a little bit of C-syntax (in order to interpret the provided parts of code) or you make do with what you can get. I have to admit that I didn''t do a search on this topic explicitly for Pascal-syntax ... anyway, to my mind any topic can be explained in nearly any programming language, and btw it''s quite easy to port code from c to pascal and vice versa.

Just my 2 cents ...

Indeterminatus

--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
Indeterminatus--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
Riversoft AVG has some good stuff -- the A* Planner is very handy (what I''m looking at just now, in fact). I''m sure there are some other sites out there but I couldn''t list ''em. I think that Michalson has an interest in AI so you could bug him about it.

By the way, did you ever get around to sorting out that AI bug thing you asked about recently? I was going to offer to bug fix it but I''m snowed under with projects :/. I''d also convert tutorials from C to Delphi for ya but again, I don''t have free time just now, so I can''t :/. Maybe in the future.

What field(s) of AI are you interested in?
Indeterminatus: Thanks, I guess someone should start an AI site that features Delphi coded AI projects huh?

The A* Planner is pretty cool. I think I''ve seen it somewhere before. As for my poor bug program, I''ve managed to fix a bunch of little bugs that don''t really effect the overall education of the bugs, but they still won''t learn. If you do end up with some time in the near future, I''d love it if someone could have a look at my code and debug it. I''d have to email it to you though tripod.com took a crap on me: raproductions@hotmail.com

As far as my AI interests go, I''d very much like to learn more about using NNs evolving them with GAs. I may try my hand at some Preditor/Prey concepts then after that probably some pathfinding. A* maybe...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement