• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

source code to a space sim

This topic is 5408 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am working on a 3D space sim and am looking for some source code to one that I could look at to learn from. I tried searching the forums and also sourceforge but couldn''t find anything usefull. Any help would be appreciated. I am using directx 8.1 and visual c++ 6.0 Thanks in advance Chris

Advertisement
HINT:: Start with learning about vector movement, and a view matrix ( using a VECTOR :: Position, up, look, and right).I have an old tutorial here After that, learn about how to place models in world space (Using World Transformation).

Good Luck!!

EDIT: Stupid HTML, what can I say?

[edited by - RhoneRanger on May 4, 2003 5:28:44 AM]

You can get the source for Conflict: Freespace 1 and 2. Google for them -- I think that this is the page for Freespace 2''s code, though I can''t remember for sure.

I already have basic camera and mesh loading done but am looking for help with some more advanced stuff.

I had a look at that sight and will get the source to look at. It was done in directx 5 but I''m sure will still be usefull. Does anyone know of any open source projects that are more recent?

Thanks

You could try searching on sourceforge... You could probably find something there.

Gamedev has source code too! =)

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=45#202

Freespace 2 source can be found there, I believe!

• Advertisement