How do you draw curves with D3D?

Started by
5 comments, last by kimryo 20 years, 11 months ago
My hw device do not support DrawRectPatch & DrawTriPatch... And when setting to D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING,D3D said Direct3D9: (ERROR) :There is no emulation support for RT patches, hence only hardware device or hardware mode is legal. DrawRectPatch failed. Is there any other method to do this? thanks. We create world.
God create the world,we create another one.-Reference
Advertisement
Enable the REF device to see if you are doing it correct . RT patches are like pixel shaders - there is no optimized software support . If you still want to see the results , switch to REF device
Thank you all :)
By the way , GF3/4 Ti no longer support RT-patches after driver version 21.81
Write your own

y = x^3
y = x^2 + n
y = cos(x)

Its a curve aint it
Thats a real ******** nvidia did.
I don''t understand why they deactivated this features.
Well, actually they have only changed the D3D8CAPS/D3D9CAPS. And
if you do know that the device supports RT-Patches, you can access them.
But Im really fed up because all the games supporting this feature dont use it on my GF3 :-((

BlackHC

I do know that I don''t know anything.
I do know that I don't know anything.
Well,using REF cause FPS drop...My card is GF2MX440...

Is it possible to draw every dot on the curve my self(Require uv coords)?I think OpenGL is more flexible on this part.The patch is not difficult to draw by dots,I''ve done the bezier surface in Turob C.

to Joe Forhens:

I''m now dealing with the face type 2(Patch) and 4(billboard).Searched goolge,gamedev...found nothing...Docs just did not give detail on face types.Help...

Thanks.

We create world.
God create the world,we create another one.-Reference
Kimryo , Quake3 .bsp does not explicitly contain info directly to be used as RT-patches . RT-patches is just a tech used to avoid the data transfer between processor and graphics card (extra vertices are created within the graphics card) . As regards the Quake3 level curves , it's Bezier Curves . The equation is not difficult and you can easily change the detail . There are some good tutorials here at GameDev talking about bezier curves and implementation isssues . The vertices that describe the bezier curve in the Quake3 .BSP are the control points of the curve .

[edited by - Joe Forhens on May 4, 2003 10:37:46 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement