• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sxcott

Turn Based Event Loop

This topic is 5555 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im working on a Hex type wargame and I want it to be turned based. I have a working map thats based on TANSTAAFL''s book but it and everything else I find on this site and everywhere I look assumes you want todo real time. I only want to refresh the map/units when they are scrolled or clicked on, not 30+ times a second. I did this 10 years ago on an old Mac and had pretty decent results. Anyway, are there any decent tutorials/examples around that show how todo it the old way. Thanks Scott

Advertisement
I thought it would essentially be the same, every time you go through you need to check if anything has been updated.

if (anythingHasChanged == TRUE)
DrawScene();

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!