d3dx9d.dll

Started by
7 comments, last by MrAndersson 20 years, 11 months ago
Hi! I''ve just installed the DX 9 SDK but for some reason I''m unable to install the DX 9 Developer Runtime correctly. I get to se the progress bar for about 0.2 seconds and since there is about 46 MB of files i doupt that the installation was able to complete within that time. Anyone else having this problem? For some reason the d3dx9d.dll hasn''t been installed.... any suggestions? Regards, /MrAndersson
Advertisement
Have you already installed the 9.0a runtime beforehand? This would probably cause a problem.

Neil

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!
WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!
d3dx9d.dll is the debug version of d3dx9.dll. That''s what the last ''d'' means. So maybe you selected the release install instead of debug?

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
I might have installed the DirectX 9.0a runtime before I installed the SDK... I''m not sure.

When I installed the SDK I choose to install the debug version. When the SDK is installed one can "easily" switch betwen the debug version and the retail version but since I never get to se the progress bar for more the 0.2 seconds I doupt that the installation was successfull.

I guess it''s impossible to uninstall the 9.0a runtime?

Regards,
/Michael
If the installation was successful then you''d get a message telling you so. It wouldn''t install and then quit immediately.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
I never said that the installation quit immediatly.. only that I only get to se the progress bar for about 0.2 seconds. Since the DX 9.0 Developer Runtime I downloaded form microsofts website (which is the same package which comes with the SDK) consumes about 46 MB of disk space I doupt that the installation was able to complete with that time. I''m not sure.. it''s just a hunch.

It might be the case that a large part of these files were already installed but then again I can''t find the d3dx9d.dll so there must be something wrong.

Regards,
/Michael
I would suggest manually deleting all DX9 dlls you find in the system directory and then re-install. You may want to back them up but I doubt it's necessary.

It could also be a registry setting.

~CGameProgrammer( );

[edited by - CGameProgrammer on May 4, 2003 7:55:51 PM]
Deleting DirectX files in the system folder won''t work under winXP beause the files are system protected and will just be restored by the OS.

If you''ve accidentally installed the DX9.0a consumer runtime, and you''re running winXP, then roll back the installation using system restore.

Development Lead
Windows Graphics & Gaming Technology
Development Lead, DirectXWindows Graphics & Gaming Technology
Oh wow, straight from the source, huh?

~CGameProgrammer( );

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement