Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hase

another game sprite

again, a lot of playing around with this one - and lots of stuff probably nobody will notice. any criticism welcome. [edited by - Hase on May 4, 2003 2:46:14 PM]

Really nice, but the animation needs some work. Notice how his body doesn''t move anything up or down? You should change that to make it look less static.

Whenever his frontmost foot moves down his body follows. Try walking around yourself and you''ll notice

Well, you should definetly add a bounce to the entire creature as its running. It looks really odd without that bounce, it just looks like a bunch of body parts moving around, not like the actual creature is moving. Anyways, you''re a pretty good pixel artist, have you considered visiting http://www.pixelation.swoo.net? It is a really good place to post work and learn and develop technique. Anyways, good job.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I like alot of the pencil drawings on your webpage. Some of them are very nice.

i agree with everybody else thus far.. perhaps you could make the back "lurch" forward a bit as he transfers his weight (at the extent of his stride). if you cover the legs and arms up with your finger, you cant tell it''s animated at all
it probably looks 200x better when it''s moving around on a tile background, but by itself it''s very easy to notice the back being stationary.

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Do NOT let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor!

okayokay, the body was not quite as it should have been - I shouldn´t have built upon an animation that was just a quick test of a walkcycle... but it was kinda too late for big changes once I started.

here´s a quick (and dirty) fix:

I doubt that it will be very noticeable on a background when the sprite is moving, but still it would have been better to do it right from the start.. maybe next time.

and thanks to those who dug through the trashheap, especially to kordova for digging up that monstrosity (i really should clean out more often).

ed: @Matto154: your link isn´t working.

[edited by - Hase on May 4, 2003 10:25:57 PM]

Which program are you doing these animations in? They remind me of some DeluxePaint animations I did when the Amiga was alive. I Would love to try this out! =)

you can do pixel graphics with more or less anything... PS, PSP and Imageready work well, but you can get the same results with more dedicated animation packages.