• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Utwo

Undefined reference to IDirectDraw 7

This topic is 5524 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This really makes me mad. I mean I''m sure I''ve done something wrong and it''s my fault, but I''m posting this anyway because I''ve exhausted all other resources. I''m receiving the following two errors: [Linker error] undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDraw7'' [Linker error] undefined reference to `DirectDrawCreateEx@16'' Now, I''m using Dev-C++ and I''ve made sure that I have all the updated library files, which should be current up until DirectX 8. Last I heard, DirectDraw7 should be part of DirectX 8, if only for backwards compatibility reasons. Anyway, I have included libddraw.a in my project, as well as libdxguid.a. Searching the boards, I found this thread, from a user with the exact...same...problem. The difference is that the solutions within this thread worked for him, while mine continues not to work. I''ve done the following already: - Removed the libraries from the project and re-added them. - #define INITGUID It''s frustrating because all I want to do is move on, but I can''t go beyond this point until this problem is fixed. ARRGH!

Advertisement
I''ve included the proper headers, I believe. ddraw.h, windows.h, windowsx.h. I can''t remember if there were any others because I''m at work now.

I hope I''m not going to have to buy MSVC++

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!