Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Utwo

Undefined reference to IDirectDraw 7

This really makes me mad. I mean I''m sure I''ve done something wrong and it''s my fault, but I''m posting this anyway because I''ve exhausted all other resources. I''m receiving the following two errors: [Linker error] undefined reference to `IID_IDirectDraw7'' [Linker error] undefined reference to `DirectDrawCreateEx@16'' Now, I''m using Dev-C++ and I''ve made sure that I have all the updated library files, which should be current up until DirectX 8. Last I heard, DirectDraw7 should be part of DirectX 8, if only for backwards compatibility reasons. Anyway, I have included libddraw.a in my project, as well as libdxguid.a. Searching the boards, I found this thread, from a user with the exact...same...problem. The difference is that the solutions within this thread worked for him, while mine continues not to work. I''ve done the following already: - Removed the libraries from the project and re-added them. - #define INITGUID It''s frustrating because all I want to do is move on, but I can''t go beyond this point until this problem is fixed. ARRGH!

I''ve included the proper headers, I believe. ddraw.h, windows.h, windowsx.h. I can''t remember if there were any others because I''m at work now.

I hope I''m not going to have to buy MSVC++