Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QuickPlay Games (new publisher) - looking for developers!!!

This topic is 5326 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

QuickPlay games has just been launched and we are searching for development teams or individuals who have talent and are looking to develop some games with us. We will discuss providing financial backing for these projects and you will get a 65% minimum cut of all profit. See our website: www.quickplay.has.it Alternatively if you already have a game you think would market well and is of a sufficient standard to sell online then please get in contact with us (quickplay@btinternet.com).

Your site is pretty ugly and has a very cheap feel about it. I think you seriously need to hire a graphics designer for your site AND your corporate image if you have any ambition of being successful.

And where is your company information? You only have a BT OpenWorld email address. Anonymous publishers have zero chance of succeeding. It doesn''t exactly fill me with confidence. Not that I would choose you anyway; I''m just passing on my opinions.

Do you intend to support devlopers until they complete a product, or are you only interested in developers who have a completed product? Like the previous poster said, what kind of financial backing are you willing to provide?

Because of the lack of information I''m presuming this is an amateur outfit with no professional experience.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Well you don''t respond to emails, and don''t answer the questions on the boards. I think your hurting nobody, but yourself with that strategy.

Yeah, it looks terrible.

Clean up the web-site a lot.

Pay the $9-$15 and get a real domain name.

Pay a real host and get some e-mail addresses to go with your domain name.

My publishing company (which is real and established with the state of Arizona) can be found at the following link

Icarus Independent: Independent Games Distribution

Setting up a business isn''t something you can just pull out of a hat. You need to clearly state what you expect from your clients and what your clients can expect from you. You need to have a clear idea what your business is about and how you plan to implement it.

Another indie game publisher is DigiBuy.com which is a bit more strict and costs developers up front which my business doesn''t do.

I suggest giving them a look around to help you work on your business.

Ben

IcarusIndie.com

KalvinB - (to Jessika) do you accept Jesus as your lord and savior

Jessika - Sure I can accept all forms of payment.

Noticed my company name on your website. Wasn''t aware we had struck a deal up, yet. I''m still interested in hearing more about your company and the answers to some of the questions posted here. But, if you don''t mind could you remove Virtue Studios from your list of Developers.

K.Dixon
Virtue Studios
www.virtuestudios.com

Wasn''t expecting to get such a hostile reception from gamedev.net posters.

Firstly, yes I know the site does not look good at the moment, this is mainly because it took me a couple of hours and I just wanted to get the content up on the site.

We would need references or examples of past work before we''d commit ANY cash to a developer, we would discuss financial support with the individual developer based on their situation and our predictions on the success of the game.

I try to respond to emails as quickly as possible but I do get quite a lot and it is very time-consuming. Some emails may not be replied to for a couple of days, but this is rare.

Surprisingly enough this is an amateur company although we all have professional experience. We don''t feel the need for a domain name yet and our email and web host is sufficient, thanks for asking. Using other peoples posts as advertising doesn''t really support the idea that your publisher is real and established.

And finally, that''s funny mr. dixon judging from your emails it sounded as if we had struck a deal but obviously peer pressure has taken its toll and you will be duly removed from the site.

Ok, but you havn''t responded to an email of mine in a week and we''ve only talked about what each other had to offer. I don''t remember signing anything or saying "I''m with QuickPlay". Please, do not take my post as hostility or joining the crowd type post. I even said in my post I was still interested in learning more about QuickPlay before you put us on your site.

Take things how you want them, I wasn''t trying to be rude if that''s how I came across.

K.Dixon
Virtue Studios
www.virtuestudios.com

"I just wanted to get the content up on the site."

Your still missing allot of content.

"We would need references or examples of past work"

You say you are experienced but you don''t list any of your past work.

"We don''t feel the need for a domain name yet and our email and web host is sufficient, thanks for asking."

You''re trying to establish credibility, and you lack a professionally looking website. How do you expect people to take you seriously.

"And finally, that''s funny mr. dixon judging from your emails it sounded as if we had struck a deal but obviously peer pressure has taken its toll and you will be duly removed from the site."

Email , how about a contract.

John

"Your still missing allot of content."

Yes well nowhere did I say I had got all the content up I just wanted to establish the basics before I edited and added more content.

"You say you are experienced but you don't list any of your past work."

If by past work you mean my professional career then this is quite seperate from what I am trying to achieve privately with this site. I am asking for developers to give some sort of proof that they will be dedicated to the project and I don't plan to delve into their private lives.

"You're trying to establish credibility, and you lack a professionally looking website. How do you expect people to take you seriously."

Ever heard the expression "Don't judge a book by its cover"? For those narrow-minded individuals who will judge us by our site we have no time, we hope to work with people who can look beyond the amateurish web design as this is not what we're trying to promote.

"Email , how about a contract."

The deal proposed was depending on the successful competion of the project, no terms had yet been agreed and so any contract would be useless.

[edited by - roblablob on May 17, 2003 5:33:37 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
New publisher, there has been lots of those around these days.
Now I just do have some questions for you.I will understand if you can not answer them due lets say your company policy or you just do not have or do not an answer, like I said I will understand, and I am sure other people will too.

What is you experience in the industry "Gaming" that is?

What is your financial situation, What I mean by this how is that you will pay for production,marketing,other costs, are you using own money or investor, bank, government?

Is there a up front payment to the developer to finish
up the game?

What is your region of sales,North America, Europe, etc?

Small computer stores, Big retail chain stores,Online?

And are you using a distributor, or distributing yourself if you are doing distribution alone you must have whole lot of contacts, then I am sure people would love to work with you on that if they are getting 65%?

Thank You

"Yes well nowhere did I say I had got all the content up I just wanted to establish the basics before I edited and added more content."

Ok, but you put yourself out there with little content, what do you expect people to think?

"Ever heard the expression "Don''t judge a book by its cover"? For those narrow-minded individuals who will judge us by our site we have no time, we hope to work with people who can look beyond the amateurish web design as this is not what we''re trying to promote."

How can we judge the book, if there''s no pages to read? I only have the cover to judge.

John

get the gfx and design up pronto. I know as well as any well-minded person not to judge a book until I read it, and then take it for what it is anyway.

However, the most people will buy rocks for pets if advertised correctly.

I''m really trying to avoid casting judgement on something that I knew very little about. But, you also have to take into account that if you won''t spend the 10$/year for a domain name, how an inspired group of Indy Developers would honostly think about using you as a publisher. Just food for thought.

"most people will buy rocks for pets if advertised correctly."

Yes, fair point.

"What is you experience in the industry "Gaming" that is?"

Not much experience in the actual gaming industry im afraid but I have experience in project managing for large companies (CSC, IBM) and I am a keen gamer (although this probably doesn''t count as experience )

"What is your financial situation, What I mean by this how is that you will pay for production,marketing,other costs, are you using own money or investor, bank, government?"

I will repeat: we are not pretending to be a professional outfit and the only funding we can offer is a combination of our personal money.

"Is there a up front payment to the developer to finish
up the game?"

Read the previous posts, but generally no, unless there is sufficient evidence that the developer will remain committed to the game and that our money will be put to good use. However there would be a lump sum on completion of the game.

"What is your region of sales,North America, Europe, etc?
Small computer stores, Big retail chain stores,Online?"

Online at the moment, and we will distribute through ourselves once we are able to release some games and we will pay for advertising and general marketing to make the developer''s 65% a decent sum.