QuickPlay Games (new publisher) - looking for developers!!!

Started by
15 comments, last by RoBlAbLoB 20 years, 11 months ago
QuickPlay games has just been launched and we are searching for development teams or individuals who have talent and are looking to develop some games with us. We will discuss providing financial backing for these projects and you will get a 65% minimum cut of all profit. See our website: www.quickplay.has.it Alternatively if you already have a game you think would market well and is of a sufficient standard to sell online then please get in contact with us (quickplay@btinternet.com).
Advertisement
This is a great oppertunity to get your game/developer off the ground. Email me if your interested: quickplay@btinternet.com
Your site is pretty ugly and has a very cheap feel about it. I think you seriously need to hire a graphics designer for your site AND your corporate image if you have any ambition of being successful.

And where is your company information? You only have a BT OpenWorld email address. Anonymous publishers have zero chance of succeeding. It doesn''t exactly fill me with confidence. Not that I would choose you anyway; I''m just passing on my opinions.
---------------------http://www.stodge.net
Site does look semi-amatuer. What kind of money would you put towards a project you had interest in?
smash
Do you intend to support devlopers until they complete a product, or are you only interested in developers who have a completed product? Like the previous poster said, what kind of financial backing are you willing to provide?

Because of the lack of information I''m presuming this is an amateur outfit with no professional experience.
---------------------http://www.stodge.net
Well you don''t respond to emails, and don''t answer the questions on the boards. I think your hurting nobody, but yourself with that strategy.
Yeah, it looks terrible.

Clean up the web-site a lot.

Pay the $9-$15 and get a real domain name.

Pay a real host and get some e-mail addresses to go with your domain name.

My publishing company (which is real and established with the state of Arizona) can be found at the following link

Icarus Independent: Independent Games Distribution

Setting up a business isn''t something you can just pull out of a hat. You need to clearly state what you expect from your clients and what your clients can expect from you. You need to have a clear idea what your business is about and how you plan to implement it.

Another indie game publisher is DigiBuy.com which is a bit more strict and costs developers up front which my business doesn''t do.

I suggest giving them a look around to help you work on your business.

Ben

IcarusIndie.com

KalvinB - (to Jessika) do you accept Jesus as your lord and savior

Jessika - Sure I can accept all forms of payment.
Noticed my company name on your website. Wasn''t aware we had struck a deal up, yet. I''m still interested in hearing more about your company and the answers to some of the questions posted here. But, if you don''t mind could you remove Virtue Studios from your list of Developers.

K.Dixon
Virtue Studios
www.virtuestudios.com
K.DixonVirtue Studioswww.virtuestudios.com
Wasn''t expecting to get such a hostile reception from gamedev.net posters.

Firstly, yes I know the site does not look good at the moment, this is mainly because it took me a couple of hours and I just wanted to get the content up on the site.

We would need references or examples of past work before we''d commit ANY cash to a developer, we would discuss financial support with the individual developer based on their situation and our predictions on the success of the game.

I try to respond to emails as quickly as possible but I do get quite a lot and it is very time-consuming. Some emails may not be replied to for a couple of days, but this is rare.

Surprisingly enough this is an amateur company although we all have professional experience. We don''t feel the need for a domain name yet and our email and web host is sufficient, thanks for asking. Using other peoples posts as advertising doesn''t really support the idea that your publisher is real and established.

And finally, that''s funny mr. dixon judging from your emails it sounded as if we had struck a deal but obviously peer pressure has taken its toll and you will be duly removed from the site.
Ok, but you havn''t responded to an email of mine in a week and we''ve only talked about what each other had to offer. I don''t remember signing anything or saying "I''m with QuickPlay". Please, do not take my post as hostility or joining the crowd type post. I even said in my post I was still interested in learning more about QuickPlay before you put us on your site.

Take things how you want them, I wasn''t trying to be rude if that''s how I came across.

K.Dixon
Virtue Studios
www.virtuestudios.com
K.DixonVirtue Studioswww.virtuestudios.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement