Any non-game industry programmers willing to be interviewed?

Started by
2 comments, last by Iron Eye 20 years, 11 months ago
I am doing a project for school, it''s a fairly loose one at that. Basically, I am just researching the choice between several jobs: a game programmer, a run of the mill programer, and several others. Finding information on game programmers has been easy, however, I can''t find anything on the salaries and such of other types of programers. Should anyone accept this interview I would be thankful. I should have drafted up an interview by later tonight. Contacting me: DownfallofChaos - AIM kris@NOSPAM.kal.SPAM.ish.net - email (remove the caps and surrounding periods) http://www.cyruseye.com/ - visit the contact us section, it is just a small script that emails me. -Kris
---
ConPong _//_ Google _//_ Chaos Forge - quick and easy file hosting for developers

"Games usually keep me from making my own..."
-Me
---

find your elementat mutedfaith.com.
Advertisement
You might have to be a little more specific on what you want with this... how much of the job is programming? Programming what? The jobs and salaries of people who write a few couple dozen lines programs to work out some math for science and engineering is sure to be different than, say, those who work on programming database server software.
quote:Original post by AndyTX
You might have to be a little more specific on what you want with this... how much of the job is programming? Programming what? The jobs and salaries of people who write a few couple dozen lines programs to work out some math for science and engineering is sure to be different than, say, those who work on programming database server software.

Good point.
I didn't think of that.

I'm looking more along the lines of people who write database server software, or something similar to such.

Thanks,
Kris

[edited by - Iron Eye on May 5, 2003 6:23:15 PM]
---
ConPong _//_ Google _//_ Chaos Forge - quick and easy file hosting for developers

"Games usually keep me from making my own..."
-Me
---

find your elementat mutedfaith.com.
I work as a consultant for a company as a ''run of the mill programmer''. Currently I am converting their FoxPro and Access Database to Sequal. Also I am writing all their purchasing, inventory and sales order software(which links to their database).

email: surftherocks2002@yahoo.com
aim: surftherocks
msn: surftherocks@hotmail.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement