converting ogl to dx primitives.

Started by
0 comments, last by GekkoCube 20 years, 11 months ago
I took the code straight from digiben''s (www.gametutorials.com) MD2 Animation Lession/tutorial. I ported it over to directx8.1 with mixed success. I can draw and animate...however, the model (tris.md2) is being with what appears to be randomly triangles. i can still distinguish the model as the model''s figure is roughly in tact. I can show you a screenshot if you''d like. I think the problem might be with the way im drawing the triangles. the tutorial uses GL_TRIANGLE. Under directx I tried using triangle strips, triangle lists, and even triangles fans... and I seem to have to most accurate drawing with triangle strips although still not solid. i also tried all the variations of culling, CCW, CW, and NONE. I can show my source if that is the triangles from ogl to dx is not an immediate problem. thanks.
Advertisement
Sounds like a problem with the normals if it is only showing random triangle from the model.

I don''t know if it would have anything to do with one API using left-handed coordinate system and the other using right-handed coordinate system.

Sorry, that''s about as much as I can help you at this point.
Michael BartmanLead ProgrammerDark Omen Studios

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement