Do modelers love headphones or what?

Started by
18 comments, last by wikedgamer 20 years, 11 months ago
Every video I see that goes behind the scenes of a game dev team and shows them working on a project, I *always* see the animators wearing headphones. Why is it that? Are they listening to music or what? WikedGamer
Advertisement
quote:Are they listening to music or what?

You dumbass.

Of course they are listening to music.

"Few creatures of the night have captured our imagination like vampires..." Godsmack
DigiCode - My solo company in progress.
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
You don''t need to be an ass Drevay. Just answer the question.
quote:Original post by Drevay

You dumbass.

Come on, use the imagination! How ''bout them being alien-crafted robots that need to be somehow connected with their masters... in this case, the medium is a pair of headphones? Really, who would want to spend hours at a time trying to make someone''s rear glide through the air seamlessly?
"Let me just ejaculate some ideas"
You will find that in a professional game dev environment the majority of workers are all seperated by cubicles rather than rooms. If everybody listened to their music, which a lot of them want to do, using speakers there would be an awful clash. As a result you will find a rule of people using headphones only.

I get the feeling you see more modellers and animators listening to music because I often find lyrics to be distracting when I code. I certainly can''t write and listen to music. In the case of modelling / animating, there is ess use of language so people singing in your ear is less annoying.

Hope that clears it up for ya buddy.
quote:Original post by Drevay
Are they listening to music or what?

You dumbass.

Drevay, why are you always flaming newbie programmers that are asking questions? I see alot of replies by you flaming people that are learning and asking a question. What did they do to you, that you need to flame them? If you have something usefull to add to a discussion, go ahead, otherwise don''t post.

Toolmaker

-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

quote:Original post by m_wherrett
I get the feeling you see more modellers and animators listening to music because I often find lyrics to be distracting when I code. I certainly can''t write and listen to music. In the case of modelling / animating, there is ess use of language so people singing in your ear is less annoying.

Lol I can write ánd listen to music at the same time =)
Man, it does my nut in. I just can''t concentrate when someone is singin in my ear.

Obviously, it''s just me.
Maybe I should upgrade myself to a multitasking brain?
quote:Original post by Toolmaker
Drevay, why are you always flaming newbie programmers that are asking questions? I see alot of replies by you flaming people that are learning and asking a question. What did they do to you, that you need to flame them? If you have something usefull to add to a discussion, go ahead, otherwise don''t post.

More or less what I would say, the only difference being that if you [Drevay] continue, I''ll find a way to remove you from my forum. Now if that can only be done by removing you from all of the forums then so be it. I don''t mind you being here, but behave yourself. Flaming belongs in the experenced forums, where they can kick your ass if you step out of line.
Interesting. As a show of hands, how many programmers find music distracting? Maybe this is why I can never get anything done.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement