• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UponTheEnd

White Textures

This topic is 5551 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a engine i am working on and it has a pretty advance texturing loading system in it. I have been testing it lately and after i debugged most of the run-time errors, i was left with a white texture I have gl-texture-2d enabled, i have all the data from the bitmap so i know i am loading the right file and i am actually loading it. I regiestered it with opengl and did all that no problem. and i even used the gltexcoord stuff. everything i need is there i belive. appearantly it isnt beacuse it isnt working I was wandering if anyone could throw out some guesses why this is, it just a white quad right now..... I would post the code but it is very large. if you really need it. post and i will send it to you. thanks alot

Advertisement
Hello.

Thanks for the replys.

I checked to make sure and i am not using mipmaps for the texturing.

Any other ideas of what it could be?

Thanks

What do you mean by enabling texturing?

Is there something else besides glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);?

Also my texture is 128 by 128..

No any other idea without code. Post just some drawing loading parts..

I am desperate.

It is probley going to be something very simple that i missed..

Ok.. when you open the project, the relevant code is in image.h and texture.h and engine.h

the rest is just for planning....

ok here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/cscoding/Engine.zip

if it doesnt work or it says you dont have access or something, just post a reply. and i will change to a different server.

thanks for the replys

Use "glGetError()" (or something like that ?) after each glXXX call until you get a fail. Then you know which call failed. You will probably get "invalid parameter" or something as equally useful, but at least you know what line is stuffing up.
White texture = gl error.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!