White Textures

Started by
17 comments, last by UponTheEnd 20 years, 11 months ago
I have a engine i am working on and it has a pretty advance texturing loading system in it. I have been testing it lately and after i debugged most of the run-time errors, i was left with a white texture I have gl-texture-2d enabled, i have all the data from the bitmap so i know i am loading the right file and i am actually loading it. I regiestered it with opengl and did all that no problem. and i even used the gltexcoord stuff. everything i need is there i belive. appearantly it isnt beacuse it isnt working I was wandering if anyone could throw out some guesses why this is, it just a white quad right now..... I would post the code but it is very large. if you really need it. post and i will send it to you. thanks alot
"What we do in life, echos in eternity" -- Gladiator
Advertisement
This can happen when using a filter like GL_MIPMAP_LINEAR without building mipmaps.
Thanks for the reply.

I am not using mipmaps though

I will check again to make sure.

Thanks
Hello.

Thanks for the replys.

I checked to make sure and i am not using mipmaps for the texturing.

Any other ideas of what it could be?

Thanks
Did you enable texturing?
Are dimensions of texture powers of 2?
What do you mean by enabling texturing?

Is there something else besides glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);?

Also my texture is 128 by 128..
No any other idea without code. Post just some drawing loading parts..
post code, or email me the code. I''ll see what i can do.
I am desperate.

It is probley going to be something very simple that i missed..

Ok.. when you open the project, the relevant code is in image.h and texture.h and engine.h

the rest is just for planning....

ok here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/cscoding/Engine.zip

if it doesnt work or it says you dont have access or something, just post a reply. and i will change to a different server.

thanks for the replys
Use "glGetError()" (or something like that ?) after each glXXX call until you get a fail. Then you know which call failed. You will probably get "invalid parameter" or something as equally useful, but at least you know what line is stuffing up.
White texture = gl error.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement