Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Basecode crash?

This topic is 5247 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a friend who can't get the compiled basecode to run on his machine, and I've narrowed down the problem to this line:

this->hRC = wglCreateContext (this->hDC);	// Try To Get A Rendering Context

Does anyone know what kinds of things can make the wgl functions fail? My friend is running windows XP and a geforce 3 with the latest drivers. I'm shocked to see the basecode not run, I'm suspecting his machine is screwed up somehow... It doesn't hang, it just exits and pops up the "Failed to create OpenGL window" messagebox. It fails on the line given above, i.e. hRC is not set properly. [edited by - aargyle on May 5, 2003 12:32:05 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
I get the exact same message on windows XP, geforce 2 titanium. Any fix ?

Did you copy that directly from your code? I hate to point this out, either making me look stupid or actually finding the problem. Is that space between wglCreateContext and (this->hDC); meant to be there? I noticed that in the tutorials, Nehe leaves a space between the function names and the arguments, making a compiler error. It is only in the HTML, though. This probably isn''t the problem, but I thought I might point it out.