Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarscher

parameter problem

hi alln I want to use BOOL WinHttpSendRequest( HINTERNET hRequest, LPCWSTR pwszHeaders, DWORD dwHeadersLength, LPVOID lpOptional, DWORD dwOptionalLength, DWORD dwTotalLength, DWORD_PTR dwContext ); my code looks like this //******** BEGIN CODE *********** LPCWSTR header = "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded"; LPVOID formData = "formGebruiker=Raccoon&formPas=test"; // ... WinHttpSendRequest(hRequest, header, strlen(header), formData, strlen(formData), 0, 0); //******** END CODE *********** I have no idea on how to use the second and fourth parameter... When compiling the code I get 3 errors. C:\hattrick\main.cpp(11) : error C2440: ''initializing'' : cannot convert from ''char [48]'' to ''const unsigned short *'' C:\hattrick\main.cpp(46) : error C2664: ''strlen'' : cannot convert parameter 1 from ''const unsigned short *'' to ''const char *'' C:\hattrick\main.cpp(46) : error C2664: ''strlen'' : cannot convert parameter 1 from ''void *'' to ''const char *'' not that beautifull at all. Someone can help me out... regards Stijn

Excuse me, but how exactly is the WinHttp API a "Graphics programming and theory" problem?

There's a Network programming forum, a General programming forum, and, no offence intended, this question would be best off in the Beginnner forum.

Please take the time to read this:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

And drop me an email, I will answer your original question off the forum.

[edited by - assen on May 6, 2003 2:05:25 PM]

quote:

There''s a Network programming forum, a General programming forum, and, no offence intended, this question would be best off in the Beginnner forum.

Agreed. Moved to beginner forum.

I appologize, I wanted to place this one in the general forum but I must have missplaced it, sorry. Still no answer to my question :-(

regards and I hope I get an answer soon
Stijn

Check out what MSDN has to say about that.

And about your compiler errors:

WinHttpSendRequest(hRequest, header, strlen(header), formData, strlen(formData), 0, 0);

header must be a wide-string, and you can''t use strlen() on those. You don''t even need strlen() at all, if the string is null-terminated. Similar problem with formData: you can''t use strlen on a void*.

Try this instead:

const char formData[] = "formGebruiker=Raccoon&formPas=test";

WinHttpSendRequest(hRequest, L"Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded", 0, (LPVOID)formData, strlen(formData), 0, 0);