How many people here use Delphi?

Started by
22 comments, last by WILL at RedAnt 20 years, 11 months ago
I use Delphi 6 personal now, I used to use 5 enterprise, until my PC broke, and I lost my CD, which almost noone would believe(and still won''t believe).

Anyway, I think I''ll be learning C/C++ sometime, just because it''s a standard, but that doesn''t mean I will stop using Delphi, from what I''ve heard, Delphi is an underappreciated, but very good language that can compete with the best of languages. And since I really like it, I''ll just stick to it.

And maybe the DGDEV and turbo forums are so empty because Delphi is so good, meaning: there aren''t many problems with it...
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Shadowcore
And maybe the DGDEV and turbo forums are so empty because Delphi is so good, meaning: there aren''t many problems with it...

LOL I wish that were so. Truth is that Object Pascal is on the samelevel as C/C++. The difference is the following of Game Developers for one is smaller than the other. Actually thats a fair sized difference. Not too many people know about Delphi, but they know of C so off they go. Most of them, not all. But I often wonder, how do Delphi programmers come to find out about Delphi...

I was told on IRC about 4-5 years ago after asking a whole bunch of questions about Borland Pascal 7. Was told it was an amazing compiler. I went and got it and I haven''t been disappointed since. Except maybe by Microsoft, but that the computer world for ya.
Don''t laugh at this, but I found out about Delphi via my mother. She is working in an IT query?? business, and one of the employees resigned and went to work at a software development company. Because I was interested in programming and stuff like that, I asked her to ask him for tips or something and a language to start off with, and he apparently said that I should start in Delphi because it was a great language!!! Damn, I love that story...
I use delphi 5.0 - my current project...

Funhouse of Terror

Delphi isometric tycoon game- please let me know what you other delphi programmers think about the game.

Thanks

[edited by - wrfstudios on May 25, 2003 8:21:15 PM]
Last Half of Darkness Developerhttp://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement