How many people here use Delphi?

Started by
22 comments, last by WILL at RedAnt 20 years, 10 months ago
I''m just wondering, since this is all things Borland really, who here is a Delphi Programmer? I kinda notice that this forum gets a bit quite from time to time. Saves on clutter, but still would be nice to have a bigger community for us Delphi Veterans.
Advertisement
I use Delphi and C++ Builder. But Delphi for like 99% of all the things I write.
I use Delphi for many years now (4 or 5 years) i started at Delphi 1 and went trough many versions and now I "stopped" at the very good version 6... Definetly I'm not going to Delphi 7, I'm waiting for Delphi 8 the so called Octane...

I use Delphi 6 which is my tool of choice... I also use Blitz 3D to make 3D appz (nice too )

[edited by - FooFighter on May 6, 2003 4:59:23 PM]
Delphi just rules!!!
Delphi, you say? Never heard of it!
<--- Delphi 7 here

wouldnt have it any other way

Bobby Baker
omega components
Bobby BakerOmega Componentshttp://66.139.78.148/ds/
I''ve been using Delphi for years now. I first got a free copy of Delphi 1 from a PC magazine disc. I soon bought a copy of Delphi 3 Professional, and later Delphi 5.

I have got both version 3 and 5 installed, but version 5 is my choice for new projects. I only use version 3 to review my older projects, or do some special testing that requires the older stuff. I will purchase more versions of Delphi, when I get the money, hopefully getting the money by selling software that I write using Delphi 5

I have been working on several different kinds of projects using Delphi, everything from the simplest of CD autorun menus, to the complexity of scripting and other low-level work.

I will eventually move on to using C/C++ as well, but my guess right now is that I will still be turning to Delphi, even while using C/C++.

It''s good to see that there''s a seperate part of this forum, just for Borland/Inprise product users.

Thumbs up for Delphi
Hey, I guess it''s only fair that I put my version preference on here too. Delphi 5 Standard(Most active with my DelphiX powered games) and Delphi 7 Enterprise(My new development platform once I am able to transfer all my code to support what I''m doing in DelphiX to the XCESS SDK).

Cyberium: Why C/C++? I''m sure there are alot of reasons, but I''m just curious.

Anyone here use Kylix before? I have not but I have heard a ton of good things about it.
I use Delphi 7 Personal. Previously I have used Delphi 6 Personal, Delphi 4 Standard and Delphi 2 Enterprise, all of which came on magasine cover discs. I have also got Kylix 3 Open Edition, but it kinda sucks in comparison with the newer versions of Delphi really.

As Alimonster didn''t quite say, DGDev is the Delphi Games Development site.
[ PGD - The Home of Pascal Game Development! ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]
I use Delphi 5 Standard. I would upgrade, but a lack of money is a problem and I like an uncrippled IDE. I''ll probable upgrade when Delphi for .Net comes out.

I''m currently involved in writing a expresssion Watch plugin for Innerfuse Pascal Script 3, but it is currently stalled due to uni work and other personal projects. I''ve also written a few other utilities for IFPS3 too, but my Unit parser which imports a Delphi Unit into the scripting engine is out of data, and I plan to upgrade it when I find the time (ie not soon).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement