Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Usage of IDirect3DCubeTexture9

This topic is 5334 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am seeking a working example Cube map textures and how to use them properly, without the use of X files. The DXSDK samples all use X files (env-map.x) to organize a cube map object and apply the 6 texture faces. I even went on ATI and nVidia web sites for sample demos, but I did not find any. My goal is that I''d like to do render an environment cube around the camera, without the use of X files. so basically I created my own vertex buffer, and called DrawPrimitive manually. I am using 3D vectors as I should be, but only 3 of the 6 faces (PZ, PY, PX) are rendered properly, the other 3 (Nx, Ny, Nz) are completely distorted, and seem to be repeating within themselves. Should the texture vector only be positive? Has anyone seen such behavior? Is there a sample setting or render setting that I must include to properly draw the texture surfaces? I hope I''m not the only one trying to write a environment map renderer.. www.cppnow.com