Started with DMusic, but latency is killing me.

Started by
11 comments, last by Roof Top Pew Wee 20 years, 11 months ago
quote:Original post by Roof Top Pew Wee
Well, that''s the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

--Vic--

Awww.. And I was thinking that someone had found a cool use for DirectMusic (and there are many)...and was actually going to use it.

When DirectMusic first arrived I had hoped that there would be many more PC games with dynamic-music. Of course, writing the music to be dynamic to begin with is complicated, but the end result can be very rewarding.

But if WAV is used for the music instead of MIDI (or similar format), then DirectMusic is not the best solution.

--TheMuuj
--TheMuuj
Advertisement
So here's the age old question. Where are the DSound tutorials. I have looked all over. The Articles here only have one on 3D sound, but not the basics of DSound. The only ones on the Internet are for older versions of DX. Or rather, all tutorials start with the initialization of DMusic. Is it necessary to initialize DMusic as well?

--Vic--

The future of 2D game development:
Flat Red Ball

[edited by - Roof Top Pew Wee on May 8, 2003 11:14:04 AM]
My (our... it includes others) game uses dynamic DirectMusic stuff, and I agree, it''s much harder to write non-linear music... the final effect is pretty cool though.

Anyways the tutorials in the SDK for DirectSound are quite good... I suggest that you start there.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement