Factorial # program

Started by
4 comments, last by GameDev.net 20 years, 11 months ago
I''m trying to create a factorial number program where a user inputs a factorial number, like 9!, and the program outputs the value. Could someone please tell me how to code the for loop part?
There are three types of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't
Advertisement
Show us the code you''ve already written, and explain where you are stuck. Do you know how to code a for loop?

int n = 9;        // Inputed value// Error checking goes hereint f = 1;        // resultfor (int i=2; i <= n; i++) {  f *= i;}// output f      

This is basically how you would expand it manually, so the algorithm should be obvious unless you are just learning.

Of course there are probably faster methods.
[EDIT] Oh, if this is homework, you should be beat over the head. That's meant as a joke of course...if this really is homework you should read the FAQ

[edited by - Thunder_Hawk on May 6, 2003 6:47:40 PM]
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
Here is the code

#includeint main(){	cout<<"-------------------------Factorial Number Program--------------------"<	cout<<"This is the factorial number program, enter a number \n to find it''s factorial value: ";	int n;	cin>>n;	cout<	int total; for (int i=n; i; i--)	{            	 		 total*=i;		   }cout< cout<<"The factorial value you entered is equal to \n "< return 0;} 
There are three types of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't
The condition for your for statement should be i > 1. BTW, please modify your post with the source tags ([ source ]/*code goes here*/ [ /source ] minus the spaces), it was seriously misinterpreted.
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
if he uses:

for(int i = 0; i <= n; i++)

the result will be 0. It should be:

for(int i = 1; i <= n; i++)

instead.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement