Reading another program's memory

Started by
20 comments, last by Senses777 20 years, 11 months ago
Have a look at some of the existing projects for this kind of thing, no point in reinventing the wheel and if there''s one or more for the game you''re looking at it''ll be a huge help.

As a quick warning, ReadMemoryProcess is a windows debug function and will almost surely be messed with or detected in future MMORPG patches. If you can either grab the MS detours library and inject code to extract data into the game exe (Easier way) or even better grab the MS DDK for the appropriate windows version and run some ring 0 code to rip the data out in a completely undetectable way (Harder, but way better).

I''m still using ReadProccessMemory myself, but I''m expecting that to be messed up any patch now...

Keep up the work though, it''s SO cool to see all the stuff around you pop up in your own program

Advertisement
quote:Original post by cavemanbob
If you can either grab the MS detours library and inject code to extract data into the game exe (Easier way) or even better grab the MS DDK for the appropriate windows version and run some ring 0 code to rip the data out in a completely undetectable way (Harder, but way better).

I''m still using ReadProccessMemory myself, but I''m expecting that to be messed up any patch now...

Keep up the work though, it''s SO cool to see all the stuff around you pop up in your own program

How would I inject code and have it execute in the program to extract the data from the game exe to another program without the use of files (speed is an issue)?

I think I''m still pretty far from getting my app over the program even, or getting input, but I have figured out a way to get info on the memory, its using VirtualQueryEx.

I havn''t yet implemented it but I''m working on it right now, VirtualQueryEx gives info on like pages of memory. Interesting stuff. .sen
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement