Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stonedale

making a browser based game?????

ok,i resently developed the taste to make my own game.i was woundering where i would start to make a browser based game. an exsample of what im looking for is"spacecrime.net... can u help me!!!!!!! we are born to die and today might be your day.so live life like its your last day alive!

PHP, Java and Flash are very popular with website-based games.

- Rob Loach
Current Project: Go Through Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore

"Do or do not. There is no try."
- Yoda

WELL,LOL,i just started two days ago,and can already make damn good sites with html and java.but im no master yet.but i learn rather fast and can get the hang of things quickly.i learned how to play guitar in less than a year.which i know isn''t programming but its harder i think.takes a lot more to be good at it.and im not jokeing.try it your self.

we are born to die and today might be your day.so live life like its your last day alive!

I have a really great idea for a Massively Multiplayer Online Text-Based Point-And-Click Adventure. It''s called "The Internet." Do you think it could work?

For web based games your probably better off going with flash, I''ve seen used to make some pretty cool games.

When you say you''ve made web pages with java, do you mean java or java script, the two are very different things.

"I have a really great idea for a Massively Multiplayer Online Text-Based Point-And-Click Adventure. It''s called "The Internet." Do you think it could work? "

You must be pretty stupid, theres no market for a game like that......

quote:
Original post by flukus
"I have a really great idea for a Massively Multiplayer Online Text-Based Point-And-Click Adventure. It''s called "The Internet." Do you think it could work? "

You must be pretty stupid, theres no market for a game like that......

Yes, you''ll have to go through hell to get the license .

quote:
Original post by stonedale
WELL,LOL,i just started two days ago,and can already make damn good sites with html and java.but im no master yet.but i learn rather fast and can get the hang of things quickly.i learned how to play guitar in less than a year.which i know isn''t programming but its harder i think.takes a lot more to be good at it.and im not jokeing.try it your self.

You will "learn guitar" for the rest of your guitar career, as with programming (in any language). There is no end. You don''t just learn it, and move on. It''s a good thing that you can do self-directed learning quickly though. Take a look at some other online website-based games and think about how they did it. Think about what the server would have to do, what the client side whould have to be doing, how it would do it... etc.

- Rob Loach
Current Project: Go Through Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore

"Do or do not. There is no try."
- Yoda

well programming is kind of like guitar in the way that,new programming langs. are discovered all the time and to keep up to date u must learn them all,as is with guitar.like compare html a year ago to now.theres alot of new stuff.

and on another note:uuum let me see,how would i put this....
how would i go about building a attack command.like lets say.so and so has 125 troops.he then attacks me and i have 500 troops.
what would i make to decide the out come.this is where im lost.

and sorry i ment java scripts.

we are born to die and today might be your day.so live life like its your last day alive!

[edited by - stonedale on May 7, 2003 2:30:18 PM]

quote:
Original post by stonedale

and on another note:uuum let me see,how would i put this....
how would i go about building a attack command.like lets say.so and so has 125 troops.he then attacks me and i have 500 troops.
what would i make to decide the out come.this is where im lost.

[edited by - stonedale on May 7, 2003 2:30:18 PM]

Thats the part where you make the rules, you have to decide how do you handle attacks, of instance do you have an advantage if you attack or if you defend? are there different types of troops that can handle more damage... with the attack does the attack go until one side is completely destroyed, or does it just calculate an amount of damage for 1 hit and then stop untill the next turn?

Please visit Turt99 Productions