Max to MD2 exporter

Started by
9 comments, last by KalvinB 20 years, 11 months ago
I''m looking to add MD2 support to my OpenGL class since it''s a lot simpler than MD3 but need an exporter to convert from 3DS to MD2. Searching on Google turned up that one used to exist however polycount.com only has a blind dead link to the site. If anyone can point me to a free exporter that''d be great. Ben
Advertisement
Qtip exporter is the best one available, however the trial version only allows texture size of 128X128 which pretty much sucks. If you want to split the cost of the exporter let me know lol

Other than that, you can always import in milkshape THEN export to md2.
There is a free version of Qtip still available, got it today.
If you ask nicely, I will give you the link. (I don''t have it right now, it took me like 20 minutes to find it).

Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory
Yes I found it, but if its the same one that I have, its only a trial version which doesnt have all the functionnality, right?

If not, PLEASE give me the link lol
Yeah, I was going to try using Milkshape but the 30 day trial isn''t working at all even though I''ve never used it before.

I have a large quanity of 3DS files that make up animations for a number of characters and I want to combine all the single frames into one MD2 model for each character.

This is really just for testing purposes so if Milkshape can''t stop being retarded I''ll try out Qtip and worry about texture size limits later.

Ben
This is a free version (1.2, but no limitations)
http://www.worldzone.net/games/azrael_dark/PROJECT_ZERO/MAX.html
Just search in that file for Qtip.

Thanks, but it seems that you cant specify texture size in this version.
The texture size doesn''t matter.
OpenGL rescales handles the size of the texture, that is not your problem.

It matters if i want higher quality textures...the version you have support up to 128X128 which is low. The artist i work with makes up textures in size 512X512 at least.
???????
Just use a small, 128 texture while creating yuor MD2, then, after you are done with it, use a 512 one. I don''t see the problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement