Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TechnoCore

big yellow... problem

big yellow square polygon filling between 20-100% of my screen when i go to fullscreen. It does this with some c++ /directx programs. For example if I use the Dx9-wizard in vc6++, and just choose to it to make a single triangle, the yellow polygon is there covering most of the screen, but only when i go into fullscreen. It fills from the bottom and up abit on the screen. What could possible be wrong ? Has my gfx-card had it ? I have a geforce1, win98...

Hmm...sounds odd. I''ve been programming in DirectX for about 2 years on a whole lot of platforms and I''ve never seen the described problem, especially DirectX 9! Maybe its your drivers? Are you clearing the z- and color-buffers? All that mish mash housekeeping? Thats all I can think of... Hmmm, one more theory: when you use the vertex buffers, are you filling the entire buffer (or rendering only bits you''ve filled)? Sometimes, I''ll render a few vertices which I''ve not touched, and a quad with vertices as +-#INF cause some big problems... Good luck!

Chris Pergrossi
< ctoan >
My Realm