14 comments, last by Vyse 20 years, 11 months ago
Does PS2 or Gamecube support Opengl?
Advertisement
Nope.
- John
isnt gamecube opengl?

doh, nuts. Mmmm... donuts
My website
I''m pretty sure Gamecube does (n64 did for sure)
PS2 - probably
XBOX - direct x
N64 - No OpenGL
PS1 - No OpenGL
PS2 - No OpenGL
GameCube - No OpenGL

The N64 graphics API _looked_ very much like OpenGL and it had a lot of similar functionality but it was not OpenGL.

You _could_ implement an OpenGL API on the GameCube or the PS2 if so inclined, but you''d be hard-pressed to stick to all the specs if you''re concerned about frame-rates.
GameCube looks so much like OpenGL, I would bet, IMHO, that if Nintendo changed the function names, and added about 10 more calls, then they may have been able to get certification, although I doubt Nintendo would pay the ARB for the privlage...

PS2 has their own graphical API, wholy seperate from other APIs.

~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
Well since DirectX and OpenGL are American... I don''t really know the term for what they *are* the Japanese consoles (PS2, and GC) won''t use them. Xbox uses DirectX, and I heard the new one will also support OpenGL, but that could probably just be a rumor since console journalists tend to say whatever they fell will make people listen.
PS2 have dvector units gpus.You have to program it in assembly code, or have an engine with everything already done.
If I have Maked a game in Opengl can I convert it into PS2 or something like that or do I have to write a new code for the PS2 API system from the begining?
OpenGL is coming to PS2....

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement