Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is 5335 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have looked all over and cannot find anything that will convert to .bsp. I am using Maya and want to know if there is a plugin or something that I can use to convert my levels into .bsp files. Any suggestions would be more than appreciated

well I wanted to create a first person shooter game and I have been reading about how to use the .bsp files in your OpenGL games but I cannot find anything that tells me how to convert any format (maya formats, x files, 3ds files, etc.) to .bsp. I just desperately need this converter so I can tinker with the whole .bsp concept.

I don''t think you can convert your models to BSP format directly. You need a BSP Editor such as Q3Radiant or something like that to build your map.

But I wish you could convert them, it would be excellent.

.bsp is a quake engine (Q1, 2 or 3, and most of the games that make use of the engines) format, and usually made in a quake specific level editor, not a 'proper' modler like Maya. Look around for QuArK (Quake Army Knife) which lets you create files you can compile into a .bsp format. QuArK has pretty good support for importing file formats, so you'll probably be able to import stuff from Maya somehow.

Edit: QuArK

[edited by - OrangyTang on May 8, 2003 2:03:45 PM]