what do you think about this idea

Started by
162 comments, last by kingpinzs 20 years, 10 months ago
Well i geuss that wont work for this thread will it.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Leffe

This game is supposed to replace reality. The nero networks will probably be good enough to automatically generate a story depending on your actions.
Say you start out on a blank piece of land with a seed. You plant the seed, wait 15 minutes and the world is fully populated with towns and trees. Depending on the quality of the genetic programming there will probably be a lot of problems in the world. Maybe you even got a family? Say that someone in your family would die. What would you do? I would go and seek the reason, perhaps it was just a runoff from a nearby slime mold farm, or maybe some dark power is plotting to take over the world by assassinating your family. The possibilities are limitless because of the voice recoancsqqaan.

But a story... yeah, I guess. It is good for people that don''t have a lot of imagination... not that you''ll need it in this new world.
My solution is the following:
<ul>
<li>Only add the most neccesary things to the game.
<li>Create a great SDK.
<li>Let ''modders'' create ''mods''(modifications).
<li>Enjoy!
</ul>

And why not make this game a MMPORK? That would be a better idea I think, by utilizing the A* algorithm we can make sure that NPCs can''t be told apart from PCs, especially if introducing irregular behaviour to them. It would be a cool idea to have an entire world to play around in.
This introduces the cheating aspect though... I think that it will be made harder to cheat because the game runs it''s own OS... but... some evil hacker will figure out a way to modify his hardware to give him a slight advantage... I guess he deserves it then though, he can''t be invincible at least, can he ?

Hmmm what about the server model... something like this maybe:

By incorporating the TCP protocol to God we can certainly make this real. Or is UDP better? ... Yeah in this case

Kingpinz, I hope you don''t take leffe seriously, cuz unlike you he knows he''s talking rubbish.

Hello,
Just by looking at the number of replies and views to your posting you can see what its doing, causing a stir. People need to look ahead to the future and that’s what you are doing. If PC''s can’t handle its supreme power at the moment they eventually will. Start little and then grow big......Others mock you because they have no imagination, remember a few hundred years ago people were still burning witches its innovation that changes the road the rest of society follows.
Closed before this thread gets any sillier than it already is.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement