what do you think about this idea

Started by
162 comments, last by kingpinzs 20 years, 11 months ago
well I love the idea - you wouldn´t happen to have a concept, a design doc or maybe even a demo ready?
Advertisement
right 1 billion objects.
billion = 1 000 000 000 objects
imaging the loading time on our corrent systems,
imaging the memory needed
if average object is 100kb for example, then u will have 1 000 000 000 x 100 = 100 000 000 000kb = 100 terabyte
(edit) maybe u havnt heard something called petabyte. i am saying that this game will go beyond that.

if u are thinking about limiting the objects in the world, then what was the infinit world u talked about? u change ur mind often. if there is limit or bondary, then how does ur world expand?

quote:And why may I ask is it not a good idea because you did not think of it

heck i thought of that when i am 3 month old, im just having problem express myself, after i learn how to speak, i found its stupid.

dues ex has small world, and something called "map" or "level"
then u could have everything interactive, but u can never have 100% interactive.

after reading ur post again, i found that u are attempting to create the matrix.

[edited by - panzooka on May 10, 2003 9:29:18 PM]
I''ve decided to not say it''s a bad idea but will simply say this. ''If you can have it done in less than 5 years then I will kiss your feet and call you god!''
Reminds me of black & white... perhaps you should make a game like that?
Very, very vague.

It sounds like Fable (aka Project Ego) by Lionhead Studios to me.

- Rob Loach
Current Project: Go Through Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore

"Do or do not. There is no try."
- Yoda
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
quote:Original post by RamboBones
I''ve decided to not say it''s a bad idea but will simply say this. ''If you can have it done in less than 5 years then I will kiss your feet and call you god!''

Ditto... Sounds very complex.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Ok first off ot will be expanding but land dont grow so why would my world grow like the land is alive or not. When I say it is self expanding I mean the npc will creat villages and so forth.
I do have a design doc and I am working on a demo.
You people under estamate what a computer can do now days. My design doc is up to verstion 1.2 this forum is helping me get my ideas stright in my head so i can right them down.
The more I think of it the more I want to do it and prove every one wrong.

So if any one wants to help just let me know. When I get this acomplished then I will be a rich person and any one who helps can make a name for them selfs

My very own game design and game engineVer 1.2Game design doc Fist it will be self expanding all interactive game engine. The games will fully interactive.So depending on were you start, generally what will happen is that the world will start small and expand by it self. You give it the necessary things and expand from that. Ex1Also what you do will stay in the game it just becomes another game object, texture or NPC’s you can have kids and they will grow old and die. Kill any one you want to and marry who you want. Also there will be if you want all the you also will be able to go inside every building you see and interact with every object you find and talk to every one you meet. There also will be back ground music if wanted. You say it is pretty cool but not unique enough. Well how about this. You can type things to the npc’s and they will reply in sound to what ever you type just like the famous Eliza program.You say that is cool but who likes typing.Well if you want to you can train the voice requntion system so you can talk and not type or point and click to interact with npc’s ex4 Game Options1. You can start a new world or play in a pre maid one. 2. You can make your own character or use an existing one3. Make your own buildings or use ones already made 4. You start at what are you decide or the game decides5. You can die and start over or continue as a new person but in same worldExamples 1.	A tree grows and gets seeds. Seeds hit the ground and depending on lots of variables they will grow or not grow and become big trees or die as younglings. 2.	There will be weather to change your world and also volcanoes earthquakes and other things FAQ.Questions about the game etc1.	Q. Are other games going to use things from this one?A.	Most likely they will make them 100% interactive environment going any were doing any thing you want and also self expanding2.	Q. how will you guarantee that it will be FUN?A.      3. Q. what is the point in playing this when it is just like real life?           A. Think about this you can kill with out getting into real life trouble. You can do                                                          what you want in the game world that you fantasies doing in the real world.     4	.Q wont it be to complicated doing everything your selfA You can use already made world with goals and everything but still do what you want in the infinite universe 5	Q Does the land expand or grow?A Why would that happen? That would be pointless. It will be a set land and see just like the earth.       6. Q how many objects can it take?           A  Well it will have a lot of objects. I am thinking about your world will be           covered in plants animals etc.   No man made things yet. Then as you and your clan grows more objects there will be. I am thinking about 3 million then it starts growing for now to grow new life something else has to die to keep the animals and plants at 3 million. Land and water only count as 2 objects people count as one a peace and trees and there seeds will start at 10 objects leaves count as one object for now.(every thing subject to change as new technologies come out.       7. Q Are there going to be levels? Yes and no. there will be load points but no jumping to points it will look like were you came from is right behind you because it is. So to that aspect The code to be used.Will be programmed in Assembly, c++, Direct X, scripting languageTypes of AI ( Will pick one or two to use)Genetic Programming Fuzzy logicNero networksOther technologies Voice recnishonGames that it will be like Deus ex 1&2 Max payne Fable  Red faction 1&2  Morrow wind  Age of EmpiresOther ideas.   1.	Make it into an OS type program so it runs faster  
kingpinzs-

I think it is good to see someone with a dream for the future, just ignore the immature people flaming you. My only advice though is to start out small and build up to your game. Depending on where you are now with programming, modelling etc, try building some of the parts of your system (eg write a program that has voice recognition, write another that allows you to design buildings in your game etc).

Your idea seems far to complex now, but if you slowly build up to it and as technology advances around you in a few years this game could be entirely possible.

Good luck

Doolwind
I''ve got an idea, if it''s going to be an OS then make your own range of computers to run it. Then they just turn the computer on and play your game and it''ll run the same for everyone every where.

I also really like how it''s going to be like an RTS, a 3rd person action game, a first person RPG, a couple of FPSs and a 3rd person RPG. I think it''s really great when young aspiring designers want to make their own game and design one that isn''t incredibly ambitious so they can actually get it made.

You''ll be a billionaire in no time, if only we were all as smart as you.
[email=matthewcarr@eternal-software.com]Email Me[/email]
I think first I will makr the land water and sky then make a app to add all the objects in as in plantes and animals. and then go from there

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement