is VB leet enough?

Started by
102 comments, last by bookingchart 20 years, 11 months ago
No I''m not gullible, I just never read his original post closely. That''s lazy, but not gullible. However, he could just be really weird...

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

If you see the image I am online
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
I started programming when i was 10, its not that hard.

First, i think that that Thread Starter is FAKE!!!.
But if hes real then GL.
Just as a little comment... I''m seeing a lot of people saying that VB is useless, and no company would ever use it, etc. etc.

I''m willing to bet those people work at McDonalds.

I work at Hewlett-Packard, and Visual Basic happens to be very useful to do a lot of things. I know lots of people who work with Visual Basic on a daily basis, it''s pretty much their job.

So anyone who says things like that is talking out of their ass. Don''t try to make yourself sound like some kind of expert by ripping on a tool that you don''t like (and probably aren''t even very familiar with). People who know what they''re talking about will see right through you, and you''ll only end up impressing the people underneath you. Which obviously isn''t very many people.

Doom 4 won''t be written in Visual Basic. But it does have plenty of real-world legitimate uses. As long as you don''t mind zero portability. And sometimes, for some things, that''s OK.
Yep. VB is useless. It is never used in production software. Nobody in their right mind hires VB coders.

I make my living writing VB business apps. If $95 an hour is the price to pay for using a "toy language," then slap a diaper on me and call me Little Billy, ''cuz I''m there.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement