__ftol2() error in GLAUX.LIB in new MS SDK

Started by
1 comment, last by Z01 20 years, 11 months ago
After downloading the October 2002 version of the Microsoft SDK I noticed that I''m getting undefined symbols __ftol2() in the GLAUX.LIB that came with the SDK when building programs. After doing some research, I think the problem is that __ftol2() is a .NET function. The old GLAUX.LIB that comes with my VC++6 only has __ftol(). I think that maybe Microsoft compiled the GLAUX.LIB in the new SDK with the wrong version of the C-Runtime library (they used a .NET version maybe?). I''m just guessing here though. Has anyone else here encountered this problem before and did you figure out what was causing it? My solution was just to replace the new GLAUX.LIB with the GLAUX.LIB from my original VC++6 installation.
Advertisement
I added the following to my stdafx.cpp, which is sort of a hack but fixes it. If you find the "real" solution, please post it.

extern "C" long _ftol( double ); //defined by VC6 C libsextern "C" long _ftol2( double dblSource ) { return _ftol( dblSource ); } 

Brianmiserere nostri Domine miserere nostri
glaux is depreciated, dont use it.
"I am a donut! Ask not how many tris/batch, but rather how many batches/frame!" -- Matthias Wloka & Richard Huddy, (GDC, DirectX 9 Performance)

http://www.silvermace.com/ -- My personal website

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement