What defines a good Website

Started by
11 comments, last by Woody FX 20 years, 10 months ago
CGameProgrammer nice site... but some of the colours are not easy to see...

So i would need to use ASP, PHP or CGI.....

Ok did cgi once in college...

Have been trawling through the Web all morning looking at stuff...

Any body know any good sites for this stuff... ( Putting password protection on certain parts of sites)
Advertisement
For your password protected sections of the site, php would most likely be the easiest for you to learn since you are a C++ programmer. Syntax is somewhat similar.

Keep the pages small graphically. Having started in the IT industry as a web page programmer/scripter/whatever, I;d suggest either putting the navigation along the left side of the page or at the top. I'm not saying you couldn't use the right side, I'm saying the norm is the top or left side of the page.

I've used Adobe Go-Live but did not like it. I prefer Homesite and Dreamweaver for web site creation, Fireworks for graphics. All three are great tools. You can use Photoshop and optimize the graphics for the web using Image Ready since you the Adobe suite.

&#106avascript has more use than online games. You can use ot for form validation(make sure email addresses look like email address, format phone numbers, verify someone filled in required fields), rollover effects, browser detection, etc. Take a look at &#106avascript.Internet.Com if you need something you can't find. Good resource site for scripts.<br><br>Resource Sites:<br>www.devshed.com<br>www.mysql.com<br>www.php.net<br>www.codeproject.com<br>www.asp101.com<br> <br><br>~"What''s this red button do?"<br><br><SPAN CLASS=editedby>[edited by - Psyberia &#111;n May 27, 2003 6:40:55 AM]</SPAN>
~"What''s this red button do?"
I''ve just come across HTTP Basic Authentication.

This seems like an easy no hassel way to implement this security...

Still will keep looking into everything before i decide what could be the best way!

Brian

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement