Help final year project.

Started by
3 comments, last by Steve P 20 years, 10 months ago
I''m interested in modelling 3d movement for my final year project at uni. I would like to model a bike and rider simple controlable movement from left to right and if this isnt to hard then more advanced movements. I haven''t programmed in C++ before mainly Java but this shouldnt be a problem. Is this a feasible project? I dont want fancy graphics or anything just a simple wire model, its the movement im concerned with. Are there any resources that any1 can point me to? Cheers, Steve
Advertisement
LWJGL and www.javagaming.org.
"modelling 3d movement" ?

your project sounds feasible, but if u want to do it in c++ then i suggest you get cracking. java simplifies a lot of the things that are necessary in c++ (imo).

peace out

Yeah I think if you are going for a little game then use java...

And if you want totry these tutorials:

http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/iago/javatut/

BattleGuard

Whenever I try to find a better signature than this... Well, I can't... This is it, Sorry...

[edited by - BattleGuard on May 27, 2003 5:40:54 AM]
I have no experience in Java, but you should get to C++. Java can be slow. learn OpenGL for C++, as it is easy. For a 3D modeler, it depends on your budget. If you have no money, use OpenFX or Blender. Blender can be hard, though. If you have a little cash, Milkshape 3D costs 25 USD. If you want pro quality, you can shell out a few cool grand and get Maya, Softimage, 3DS Max, LightWave, or maybe even Mirai. You will also need texturing, so try to get Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.

Scott Simontis
Game Programmer in Training
Have a nice day!
Current Project: Waiting for OpenGL Game Programming Book
Scott SimontisMy political blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement