Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SGreth

Have you seen this DirectVoice Error Code?

DVERR_NOVOICESESSION This error code has been haunting me for the last 2 days. It''s what''s being returned by IDirectPlayVoiceClient::Connect(). (Note: I''m using DX 8.1). My server works just fine. I verrified it''s functionality by compiling the DirectX Voice Client sample with my app''s GUID. It connected just fine. The transport (DirectPlay) session is up and running just fine. I can fire off all the chat messages I want between clients. They just can''t seem to connect to the voice session. I''m wondering if anybody else has had such a problem? I''m using a client-server topology and MFC. I''ve setup my project settings for debug multi-threading so that shouldn''t be an issue. Suggestions would be *greatly* appreciated! Thanks, ~Rob

Trust me, I''ve been dreaming MSDN over the past couple of nights.... I know what the return code *means* I was just wondering if anybody had any insight into it, or if they''d experianced somethign similar. I know that the server-side of things are OK. Like I said before, I can connect to my server with multiple instances of the voice client example that comes with the DX SDK.

~Rob

Ok, after 24 hours of frustration, I''m breaking down....
If anybody out there has a relatively simple example of DirectVoice using the client/server architecture I''d really appreciate if I could look at your code. My server definitely works fine. My client functions almost identically to the example client from the SDK. The transport session I create with DirectPlay works just fine (I can send message back n'' forth). However, when I try to connect the DirectVoice object I get the mysterious DVERR_NOVOICESESSION error. Even with the same instance of the server running I can run 2 instances of the SDK client and get voice working.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated as I''m at wits end here...there isn''t a single example online other than the SDK example!

Thanks again,
~Rob

Unfortunately no, I never did and I had to move on to other areas of my game and temporarily drop voice support....

~Rob

"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
~Bruce Feirstein