Have you seen this DirectVoice Error Code?

Started by
4 comments, last by SGreth 20 years, 9 months ago
DVERR_NOVOICESESSION This error code has been haunting me for the last 2 days. It''s what''s being returned by IDirectPlayVoiceClient::Connect(). (Note: I''m using DX 8.1). My server works just fine. I verrified it''s functionality by compiling the DirectX Voice Client sample with my app''s GUID. It connected just fine. The transport (DirectPlay) session is up and running just fine. I can fire off all the chat messages I want between clients. They just can''t seem to connect to the voice session. I''m wondering if anybody else has had such a problem? I''m using a client-server topology and MFC. I''ve setup my project settings for debug multi-threading so that shouldn''t be an issue. Suggestions would be *greatly* appreciated! Thanks, ~Rob
"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."~Bruce Feirstein
Advertisement
MSDN says "The session specified is not a voice session." So you must be creating it wrong, I guess.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
Trust me, I''ve been dreaming MSDN over the past couple of nights.... I know what the return code *means* I was just wondering if anybody had any insight into it, or if they''d experianced somethign similar. I know that the server-side of things are OK. Like I said before, I can connect to my server with multiple instances of the voice client example that comes with the DX SDK.

~Rob
"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."~Bruce Feirstein
Ok, after 24 hours of frustration, I''m breaking down....
If anybody out there has a relatively simple example of DirectVoice using the client/server architecture I''d really appreciate if I could look at your code. My server definitely works fine. My client functions almost identically to the example client from the SDK. The transport session I create with DirectPlay works just fine (I can send message back n'' forth). However, when I try to connect the DirectVoice object I get the mysterious DVERR_NOVOICESESSION error. Even with the same instance of the server running I can run 2 instances of the SDK client and get voice working.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated as I''m at wits end here...there isn''t a single example online other than the SDK example!

Thanks again,
~Rob
Rob,
I''m facing the same issue now....just wondering if you managed to sort it out!!!

Thanks
Unfortunately no, I never did and I had to move on to other areas of my game and temporarily drop voice support....

~Rob

"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
~Bruce Feirstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement