How do you make your 3D levels/maps

Started by
3 comments, last by SKREAMZ 20 years, 11 months ago
just wanted to know if your wrote your own map editor or somthing else like converted a quake map thanks for replying
Blaaaaa Blaaaa Blaa errrrr!!!! Bla?
Advertisement
I assume you are talking about levels for a FPS type engine (indoor portal/BSP).

Writing a level editor for this type of game is a massive amount of work. I would advise against that if you want to get anything finished.

Look for a good freeware or shareware MAP(quake engine) editor. Worldcraft is a good MAP editor. Q3Radiant/GTKRadiant are awsome level editors, however i am pretty sure you cant profit from levels make with quake3 tools (without paying ID some cash). The level formats themselves are fine to use IIRC.

The primary reason for sticking with the MAP format is the massive online editing community. Textures/tutorials etc are easy to find.

It is possible to use 3DSMAX for this, but i cant afford that (and i dont really like it).
There is also QuArK, which stands for Quake Army Knife. It''s a good level maker, and it can be used for commercial purposes, unlike worldcraft.
"Ours is aruthless national ideology" von Manstein
Thanks very much :-)
Blaaaaa Blaaaa Blaa errrrr!!!! Bla?
gtk radiant costs $5000
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement