Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unreal Engine Scripting Question

This topic is 5308 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have Unreal Tournament 2003 and I would like to make a mod. Imagine something like Mario64 with bullet time. I am fairly literate in C++ and pretty good in VB. I think I can do the platformer coding relatively easily (not so sure about collision detection on a specific set of faces though i.e. player foot vs player chest) I wondered if anyone knows if it is possible to slow down all of the events pertaining to player and projectile movement with unrealscript. I know there are variables that deal with timing, but I can''t find enough information about it on the UDN homepage. If anyone knows of any links, please share them. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, its possible, but i dont know howd youd do it. The Cassandra Project is a mod for DeusEx, which is Unreal-based, and some internal devel stuff got leaked, and they''re coding a bullet-time style thing. i dont remember the website right now, so...

have fun, and email the guys on www.planetunreal.com when you have everything (webpage, maybe a little more than a concept) put together. if youre lucky, they may host your website for you

good luck!!

Pull down the console. Enter...

"slomo 0.5"

...or...

"slomo 0.2"

(without the quotes).

Use "slomo 1.0" to return to normal speed.

botman

Theres a MonkeyMatrix (or something like that) mod that I found on a server last week that has bullet time. Try doing a search on that.

Kars

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate the help. Work has been really busy lately (especially while simeltaneously developing a novel DNA amplification method, starting a small company, and learning UnrealScript :-p) so don''t expect to hear much about it for a while.

Guest Anonymous Poster
ive kind of coded a bullet time for a mod, but for ut, i used slomo