Unreal Engine Scripting Question

Started by
6 comments, last by mrtuti_17 20 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I have Unreal Tournament 2003 and I would like to make a mod. Imagine something like Mario64 with bullet time. I am fairly literate in C++ and pretty good in VB. I think I can do the platformer coding relatively easily (not so sure about collision detection on a specific set of faces though i.e. player foot vs player chest) I wondered if anyone knows if it is possible to slow down all of the events pertaining to player and projectile movement with unrealscript. I know there are variables that deal with timing, but I can''t find enough information about it on the UDN homepage. If anyone knows of any links, please share them. Thanks for the help.
Advertisement
Yeah, its possible, but i dont know howd youd do it. The Cassandra Project is a mod for DeusEx, which is Unreal-based, and some internal devel stuff got leaked, and they''re coding a bullet-time style thing. i dont remember the website right now, so...

have fun, and email the guys on www.planetunreal.com when you have everything (webpage, maybe a little more than a concept) put together. if youre lucky, they may host your website for you

good luck!!
Registered Linux User #309023counter.li.orgAfterHost.net -- Quality Hosting Solutions.
Pull down the console. Enter...

"slomo 0.5"

...or...

"slomo 0.2"

(without the quotes).

Use "slomo 1.0" to return to normal speed.

botman
Theres a MonkeyMatrix (or something like that) mod that I found on a server last week that has bullet time. Try doing a search on that.

Kars
KarsQ: What do you get if you cross a tsetse fly with a mountain climber?A: Nothing. You can't cross a vector with a scalar.
Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate the help. Work has been really busy lately (especially while simeltaneously developing a novel DNA amplification method, starting a small company, and learning UnrealScript :-p) so don''t expect to hear much about it for a while.
ive kind of coded a bullet time for a mod, but for ut, i used slomo
Moved to Scripting Languages and Game Mods, surprisingly enough.
http://gamestudies.cdis.org/%7Ejgiles/

scroll down to like lesson 13

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement