Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpinzs

Were to get info on dev-c++ directx

I search the form and found nothing that would help. I cant a directx program to compile. It comes up with this 15 C:\Documents and Settings\jeremy_king\Desktop\Dev-Cpp\include\DirectX9\d3dx8mesh.h In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/DirectX9/d3dx8mesh.h What does this mean there was no realk error 39 C:\Documents and Settings\jeremy_king\Desktop\Dev-Cpp\include\DirectX9\D3DX8.h from C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/DirectX9/D3DX8.h and this alos plus more like this What sould I do?

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\jeremy_king\Desktop\Dev-Cpp\My programes\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\jeremy_king\Desktop\Dev-Cpp\My programes\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -c Untitled1.cpp -o Untitled1.o -I"C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/c++"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/mingw32"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/backward"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/dx8"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/DirectX9"  

In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/DirectX9/d3dx8mesh.h:15,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/DirectX9/d3dx8.h:39,
                 from Untitled1.cpp:6:

C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/DirectX9/dxfile.h:240: stray
   '\32' in program

In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/DirectX9/d3dx8mesh.h:15,
                 from C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/DirectX9/d3dx8.h:39,
                 from Untitled1.cpp:6:

C:/Documents and Settings/jeremy_king/Desktop/Dev-Cpp/include/DirectX9/dxfile.h:240:2: warning: no newline at end of file

make.exe: *** [Untitled1.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

[edited by - kingpinzs on May 26, 2003 10:00:10 PM]

I''m always amazed at how many people can''t seem to read errors! Look at the end of dxfile.h and I think you''ll find the problem...

If there''s a weird character at line 240 (I''m guessing this is gonna be very close to the end of the file), get rid of it! That character is ascii character 32, just as the error says. Also add a blank line at the end of the file. Just as the error says.